On a hot summer afternoon, Mike takes us through his mash process and how he adjusts his water specifically for this part of the brewing process. Watch this video to learn more how you can make water chemistry adjustments for the mash to improve your homebrewed beer.
What Did Mike Teach Us?
He taught what he does with his system. Here are some things I picked up.
- He treated all of his water at the same time
- He added Campden tablets and made sure he crushed it up well
- He measured his salts and added those to the water
- He uses the Bru’n Water spreadsheet to calculate his mash pH
- He adds lactic acid to the water based on what the sheet says
We hope that Mike’s process can help you with your process. Brew on!