I have been having fun with this mead but I don’t exactly know what I am doing. I added yeast nutrient and yeast energizer to the fermentation bucket every day for the first three days.
I was degassing the must. I was adding the stuff. I was stirring it up again.
Although I didn’t take a gravity reading after it all came together, I found a calculator online and estimated that started off at 1.110.
When I took a gravity reading at day three, it was at 1.040.
Two days ago, the gravity reading was at 1.000.
The plan was to let it hang in primary for two weeks and then rack it to a glass carboy for some conditioning for… I don’t know… two months.
I’ll keep tasting it over the course of the conditioning phase. The few samples I did taste were fusel-ly as all hell.
I don’t know how this mead is going to turn out but I am not giving up hope.
Here’s some photos of the fun.