Oh, it’s on. The stage is set for this Sunday. I have purchased a pound of corn sugar for bottling the brown porter. We are going to test the results of priming with KreamyX versus priming with corn sugar.
Here’s our methodology:
- Split the unfinished beer in half; placing 2.5 gallons of the beer into two separate bottling buckets.
- Prepare the proper amount of KreamyX and corn sugar for 2.5 gallons (dissolving the priming agents into two separate amounts of water, cooling them down to fermentation temperatures).
- Bottle as normal, but using the two bottling buckets.
- Condition for the same amount of time (2 weeks).
- Pour out 2 beers; one that had corn sugar as a priming agent, one that had KreamyX as a priming agent.
- Compare results.
UPDATE! Here are the results!