The calendar flipped over from 2017 to 2018 and we recall all the things we did in the past year to set a course for the new one. We talk about all the achievements and the failures and figure out what we would like to do for the next twelve months on the blog and on the YouTube channel. This video has us blubbering about the year that was and what you can expect from us in the near future.
What Happened in 2017
- We put together our first community brew and we’re happy to say that was a success. My version of the Brew Dudes Best Bitter won a first place prize in a competition.
- Because we could, we streamed videos live on YouTube and we had a good time with it. The immediacy of chatting with people who watch our videos regularly was pretty cool.
- The first attempt at a homebrewed gueuze was completed. More than three years of effort went into the creation of this beer and it turned out well. It was really something to have it come together after all that time.
- We plan to put another community brew together.
- Maybe we’ll figure out a Google Hangout or something.
- I have to tackle a Pilsner that I am happy with. I think the biggest fail I had in 2017 was the Pilsner so getting one done right for 2018 is a goal.
- Mike wants to nail a Brown ale. There is a beer in his head that he wants to brew. He knows what it looks like and tastes like. This year, he has to make it materialize through recipe formulation and brewing technique.
- More hop exploration. Certainly, we will have more SMaSH beers to review but maybe some videos to show off how to hop post boil.
- Malt exploration. Brew up beers to see what different malts taste like and how to use them in recipes.
Thanks for reading and following us on our homebrewing exploits. If we have accomplish most of these goals this year, we’ll chalk it up as a good year.